- I’m really bad about buying things that I love rather than things that I need or that would be useful to me. I’m very much an impulse buyer, and while I rarely have any sort of buyers remorse, I do tend to buy things that don’t match anything I own or things that look too similar to things I own already.
- I want to make more nerd dresses and accessories. I really feel most like myself when wearing ruffles and displaying my nerd girl pride at the same time. I’d also like to wear more casual coords with nerdy t-shirts.
- I’m such a JSK addict. I like skirts and OPs, skirts for the large amount of versatility and OPs for the ease, but JSKs are the most comfy and the most fun to coordinate to me.
- Just buying a dresses is kind of boring to me haha. I love hunting for dream dresses, finding good bargains, saving for a long time, or working really hard to make something. It makes things feel that much more special to me.
- I like pretty much every kind of lolita. Which is awesome for lucky packs, but not great for my budget.
- I consider myself a pseudo lifestyle lolita. I wear lolita as much as possible and I like a lot of traditionally girly things (Disney movies, knitting, baking, sewing, tea) but I would never give up swearing, drinking, or nerdy things for the sake of fashion.
- I have a tiny purse problem. My favorite purses are either shaped like things or small cross-body style things. So sometimes I can only have my cell phone and some cards on me D: It’s really annoying, but they’re just so cute!
- I’m trying to get better about jewelry. For a long time I really didn’t bother with it much at all, but these days I’m trying to be better about buying more rings and necklaces to match my dresses. Especially because jewelry is so easy to find offbrand!
- I have a weakness for certain prints. Alice prints, it was my favorite book as a child and I still love it dearly. Heraldry is one too, I love lions and banners and shields and crests and stuff like that. Also fairy tales, I love them!
- I’ve been into lolitas about 7 years now, which is just too weird! Time sure does fly when you’re wearing frills.
The lovely duskrose_dreaming of The Midnight Ballroom tagged me in a Versatile Blogger meme! So first there’s 7 random facts about me, some lolita-related and some not…
- On the top of my “want” list right now are some yellow tea party shoes!
- I was adopted as a baby! When I was about a month old. I don’t know my birth parents, and have no desire to find them right now. It’s also a big reason why Princess Aurora is my favorite Disney princess, she’s a pretty down-to-earth portrayal of an adopted kid in an animated movie (something that is very hard to come by.)
- I have a white h.Naoto Frill dress on the way to me, a brand I’ve been fascinated by for the past few months but couldn’t afford. I was so excited to find something second-hand that I absolutely love!
- I’m afraid of sudden loud noises. Balloons popping, fireworks, gun shots in movies or plays, etc. freak me out! It’s ironic that “Popping Balloon” is one of my favorite prints.
- I’m waiting on two e-mails to see if my panels were accepted for Animazement. One’s a more casual meetup style event that we’re calling a Lolita Social and the other is more traditional panel about being a lolita on a budget.
- I’m playing Okamiden on the DS right now. It’s awesome.
- I’m hoping to get a new layout up soon!
Memes are so enjoyable on a lazy Sunday morning! This one is from F Yeah Lolita.
1. Best Lolita fashion advice you’ve ever received?
Hm…Probably that you can be a lolita without brand. It’s a pretty common misconception that I had myself when I was starting out, but I learned to sew and how to find good offbrand buys, and quite a few of my coordinates are mostly off-brand.
2. Style icons?
Definitely Choconyan. Her style is sometimes a little crazy, but I love that she takes risks and makes stuff work that you wouldn’t normally think of.
3. Describe your personal style.
Casual sweet I guess? It’s what I tend to wear most on a day-to-day basis anyway. With a little bits and pieces of other styles, gothic and classic mostly.
4. Favorite designers/brands?
Baby the Stars Shine Bright! All the way. I also really love Mary Magdalene and Innocent World.
5. Most cherished items?
My Baby Wonder Sweets Land JSK, it was my very first piece of brand. Also that furry-collared pink sweater I’m always wearing, that thing is comfortable and ridiculous and I love it so! I also really love my unicorn JSK, I think it’s probably my favorite item that I’ve made.
6. Most used item?
Probably my black H&M skirt. It goes with just about everything, including my non-lolita stuff, so I wear it a lot.
7. I feel best wearing?
Something well put-together. I just feel weird if I’ve thrown something on and not put any thought into it, even if it’s just a couple of minutes. I’ve even been known to change after early classes because I didn’t have a chance to really think about what I wanted to wear that day haha.
8. The first thing I look for in another Lolita’s outfit…
Creativity! I like standard coordinates, don’t get me wrong, but if you’ve got something a little extra or different to your outfit, I’ll like it that much more.
9. Lolita Fashion rule you never break?
Lack of headwear! I really feel off-balanced if I’m not wearing at least a bow or something in my hair. There’s so much going on everywhere else, not wearing something on my head just looks weird!
10. Never caught wearing?
Hm…Moi-Meme-Moitie haha. A lot of their stuff is lovely, but just so not my style.
11. Dress to impress who?
12. Your next “must have” purchase?
I could really use some red shoes. I looove red shoes and I just don’t have any that are lolita right now. So I’m thinking of getting some.
13. Favorite type of head accessory?
Headbands of any sort. They don’t fall out of my hair or shift around, and I find them generally comfortable.
14. Favorite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams etc)?
Just plain old natural-waist cuts for me, high waisted things make me look pregnant D: I do like back-shirring though, it makes things fit so much better!
15. Current obsession?
Waiting on packages! I’ve got like 3 late Christmas presents coming in the mail, including that Meta lucky pack, which will hopefully get here in the next few days.
16. Best Lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone:
Enjoy yourself and feel beautiful in what you wear! And never let anyone tell you that you are too fat, short, dark-skinned, etc. to be a lolita.