Continuing the 30 day lolita challenge. Full list and previous posts are here.
- A good petticoat. I typically wear two, but the principle is the same, I can’t deal with an unpoofy skirt!
- Some comfortable pairs of shoes in black and white.
- A camera!
- Tide to go pen. Necessary for life.
- A couple of good blouses in black and white.
- Headbands! Millions of them!
- A nice little collection of makeup.
- The internet! I can’t imagine keeping up with brands and arranging meetups without it.
- Sites that ship internationally! As useful as shopping services are, it’s so much easier when brands ship overseas.
- My sewing machine. I don’t sew all of my lolita, but I do sew a chunk, and it’s wonderful for repairs as well.
I feel like there are so many lolitas who inspire me! But I managed to get it down to ten who I’m really excited to see posts from. If any of you lovely ladies have a problem with me using your pictures, just let me know!
- vanillablitz! Her coordinates are always so well thought-out and she uses color combinations that I would never have thought of.
- shelbycloud! Her outfits are always adorable, and I just love her videos. She’s just so sweet, so polite and friendly!
- theosakakoneko! Her outfits are always awesome, but I especially love the really daring ones. Her willingness to try anything and everything is really inspiring to me.
- osea_chelleo doesn’t really post anymore, sadly, but I still really love her cute-casual style. My favorite parts about her posts were always the detail shots though, her photos were always really lovely.
- go_slow_ly! Her classic style is really lovely. I love her collection of indie brands and her cute glasses :D
- swdpunk doesn’t post anymore either, but she was such a big inspiration to me when I first started out and I still really appreciate her cute, casual style.
- thepinkfairies has the loveliest classic coordinates, I especially love the beautiful things she makes!
- Maria from Paperlace her outfits are always so detailed and beautiful!
- sushisael has a great original style. I also really love her hair, it’s so cute!
- chokelate is so lovely, and all of her coordinates are so elegant!
To be honest, music doesn’t really inspire my lolita that much. But I tried to choose songs that I love that suit the lolita aesthetic at least a little.
- Mika- We Are Golden This song always makes me happy! It gives me confidence as well, a lot of it is about being who you are regardless of what people say.
- Perfume- Natural ni Koshite This song is so very cute! I also love the choreography in this video, the moving belts are really cool.
- Alice in Wonderland- In a World of my Own This is pretty lolita-appropriate I think haha. I really love this song.
- Nous Non Plus-Loli This is totally about the other lolita, but I do really love this song! It’s so upbeat and fun :D Also if people in their underwear offend you, I wouldn’t recommend the music video haha.
- Kanon Wakeshima- Lolitawork Libretto Kanon Wakeshima is the only lolita-related music artist that I really like to be honest, this is my favorite song of hers. I really like this video too, it’s really funny to read the English text that’s scattered through it, a lot of it is about shipping customs haha.
- La Valse d’Amelie- Yann Tiersen Amelie is one of my favorite movies, and the soundtrack is just beautiful! It sounds like a fairytale.
- Whisperlude-POGO If you’re not familiar with POGO, you should totally check him out. He takes clips from movies and remixes them into songs, and this one is based on A Little Princess, which is one of my favorite movies from my childhood.
- La Vie en Rose-Pomplamoose I love Edith Piaf, and I love this song, and I love Pomplamoose’s cover of it. So pretty!
- I Want Candy- Bow Wow Wow I always relate this song to the scene in Marie Antoinette that I linked to, which was my favorite scene in the movie. So much eye candy, if you’ll pardon the pun! I’d kill for those shoes.
- Throw it in the Bag- MC Melod¥ Doll feat. Kiki Cake & Half-Bonnet Obviously. This is hilarious.
Day 9 – 10 things you will never do in lolita.
- Sit on dirt without something underneath me.
- Eat anything with tomato sauce while wearing white.
- Yard work!
- Moving in or out of a house/apartment. Too hot D:
- Mud wrestling.
- Crocodile taming.
- Going on a safari.
- Water skiing!
- Rock climbing.
Well…those spiraled into nonsense haha. It’s hard to think of things I wouldn’t do in lolita, so most of them are things that could get my clothes dirty.